**For Those of you who are just learning to cook, I found this knowledge very helpful with recipes. Knowing how to cut your vegetables is key in getting the recipe turn out the right way.
First, lets start with How to slice a bell pepper: Video by Chef Tony from bbqguys.com
Next, here's a video on how to cut an onion, also Chef Tony, bbquys:
Here are some other helpful basics:
- Peel vegetable. Trim ends.
- Slice vegetable into 2-inch x 1/4-inch slices.
- Stack the slices and cut into lengthwise 1/8-inch or 1/4-inch strips.
- Roughly chop vegetable on cutting board with chef's knife.
- Continue to chop until vegetables are very finely chopped.
- Slice vegetable into 2 inch x 1/4 inch slices.
- Stack vegetables and slice into 1/2 inch vertical slices. Hold slices tightly with hand and cut crosswise into 1/2 inch intervals
- Repeat as above except cut pieces into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice vegetable on the diagonal at 1/2-inch intervals with knife held at a 45 degree angle during slicing.
Now put your skills to work! Pasta Primavera Recipe up next!